Tucked away in the hills outside Fall City is little Lake Alice. This rural lake has areas of undeveloped shoreline as well as numerous lakefront homes. Most of the fishing excitement is geared to the lake’s Rainbow Trout and Largemouth Bass. The lake has a year round fishing season.
Lake Alice Fishing Access
Lake Alice has one public access point, a boat ramp that is maintained by Washington Department of Fish & Wildlife. Shore fishing is an option, although there is limited shoreline available at the boat ramp. So a small non-motorized boat is the best way to get out and enjoy the lake.
Where is Lake Alice?
Lake Alice is located 3 miles south of Fall City, Washington in King County. To get to the public boat launch, take Lake Alice Road off Preston-Fall City Road.
- WDFW Water Access Areas – Lake Alice
- Washington State Fishing Regulations
- Nearby Lakes: Pine Lake, Beaver Lake
Lake Alice Fishing
Rainbow Trout are stocked in the lake each year. The best fishing is in the few weeks after it is stocked. However, holdover trout are an attraction year round. Still fishing with Powerbait using a bottom rig is my favorite method. Another great option is to use a small chunk of nightcrawler fished under a bobber.
Largemouth Bass inhabit Lake Alice as well. Bass will start to get active after the first few warm days of early spring. Fishing the shallows near submerged wood in early spring with spinner baits and soft plastics is effective. In late spring and summer, Largemouth will move under docks and lily-pads and take weightless plastics, jigs with trailers and crankbaits. Late summer can produce great top-water fishing with frogs during twilight hours.
Lake Alice Fishing Tackle
- Trout Fishing Rod & Reel Suggestions
- Trout Fishing Tackle & Gear Suggestions
- Bass Fishing Rod & Reel Suggestions
- St Croix Mojo, 7’1″ 8-14 Line, Spinning Rod – View at Bass Pro
- Pflueger President Spinning Reel – View at Bass Pro
- St Croix Mojo, 7’11” 12-20 Line, Casting Rod – View at Bass Pro
- Shimano SLX Bait-casting Reel – View at Bass Pro
- Bass Fishing Tackle & Gear Suggestions
- Seaguar AbrazX Fluorocarbon Line – View at Bass Pro
- Keitech Swing Impact Swimbait – View at Sportsman’s
- Gamakatsu Spring Lock Hooks – View at Bass Pro
- Gary Yamamoto Senko 6″ – View at Bass Pro
- Gamakatsu EWG Hooks – View at Bass Pro
- Bass Pro Enticer Pro Series Football Jig – View at Bass Pro
- Strike King Rage Tail Craw Soft Baits – View at Bass Pro
- Live Target Frog – View at Bass Pro
- Strike King KVD Square Bill Crank – View on Bass Pro