Beaver Lake is one of the most beloved fishing lakes in Sammamish. It is a suburban lake that is ringed with homes, and its many docks offer great cover for Largemouth Bass. The lake is also well known for its year-round Rainbow Trout fishing.
Beaver Lake Fishing Access
Beaver Lake is extremely accessible. Sammamish’s Beaver Lake Park has ample shoreline with lots of room to set up for a day of fishing. On the other side of the lake is a public boat ramp for non-motorized watercraft and a little more shoreline for bank anglers.
Where is Beaver Lake?
Beaver Lake is located in the city of Sammamish, Washington. It is 6 miles north of Issaquah. To get to Beaver Lake from I-90, take East Lake Sammamish Parkway north, right at 43rd Way, right at SE 24th Street to West Beaver Lake Drive.
- City of Sammamish – Beaver Lake Park
- WFDW Water Access Areas – Beaver Lake
- WDFW Fishing Locations – Beaver Lake
- Washington State Fishing Regulations
Beaver Lake Fishing
Beaver Lake is open to fishing year-round. The seasonal highlights are early spring and late fall, when thousands of Rainbow Trout are stocked in the lake. Shore anglers and boat anglers alike enjoy great fishing right after the lake is stocked, but trout can be caught anytime of year. If you are fishing from the park, try fishing with Powerbait with a bottom setup. However, when I take my boat out on the lake, I will troll a Wedding Ring or fly tipped with a small chunk of Nightcrawler.
The lake’s shoreline offers several natural areas with great Largemouth Bass habitat, as well as around the lake’s many bulkheads and docks. I have caught some really nice Largemouth as early as March, and fishing improves from those first warm days of spring through the summer.
Beaver Lake Fishing Tackle
- Trout Fishing Rod & Reel Suggestions
- Trout Fishing Tackle & Gear Suggestions
- Bass Fishing Rod & Reel Suggestions
- Bass Fishing Tackle & Gear Suggestions
- Seaguar AbrazX Fluorocarbon Line – View at Bass Pro
- Keitech Swing Impact Swimbait – View at Sportsman’s
- Gamakatsu Spring Lock Hooks – View at Bass Pro
- Gary Yamamoto Senko 6″ – View at Bass Pro
- Gamakatsu EWG Hooks – View at Bass Pro
- Bass Pro Enticer Pro Series Football Jig – View at Bass Pro
- Strike King Rage Tail Craw Soft Baits – View at Bass Pro
- Live Target Frog – View at Bass Pro
- Strike King KVD Square Bill Crank – View on Bass Pro