The 2013 Puget Sound, San Juan Islands & East Straits Halibut fishing season has been announced! It will be similar to last season, with a quota of 57,393 pounds.
The Puget Sound Halibut season is based on a catch quota. The challenge is to offer a season that will come close to harvesting that quota without the possibility of overfishing.
Check out the WDFW PUGET SOUND HALIBUT PAGE for the most updated information about our 2013 halibut fishing season.
2013 Halibut Season for Puget Sound, San Juan Islands & Eastern Straits
Marine Areas 6 (East Juan de Fuca Strait), 7 (San Juan Islands), 8-1 (Deception Pass, Skagit Bay), 8-2 (Port Susan, Port Gardner), 9 (Admiralty Inlet), & 10 (Seattle, Bremerton).
- May 2-4 (Thursday, Friday, Saturday)
- May 16-18 (Thursday, Friday, Saturday)
- May 23-26 (Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday) **Memorial Day Weekend**
- May 30-31 (Thursday, Friday)
Marine Areas 11 (Tacoma, Vashon), 12 (Hood Canal), & 13 (Southern Puget Sound)
- These marine areas will remain closed to protect Rockfish species.
**As always, consult the Washington Fishing Regulations & look into any possible emergency closures before you go! Good luck out there!